A Working Definition of Leadership – According to the Center for Creative Leadership, a global provider of leadership training and research, leadership is, “the capacity to think and act beyond the boundaries that limit our effectiveness. Leaders are made, not born” and leadership itself can be learned through strengthening interpersonal skills, cultivating situational and self-awareness, and building business and community networks.
While LEADERSHIP Hancock County will not promote a specific leadership philosophy, each cohort of graduating participants will be able to articulate and demonstrate their own definition of leadership in action.
Expected Program Outcomes
- Increased understanding of leadership and management concepts
- Strengthened leadership and management skills
- Increased regional awareness of organizations and issues
- A growing and active leadership network
- Participants are able to articulate a personal definition of leadership in action
Who Should Participate? Individuals committed to Hancock County, who are interested in building better skills to communicate, who collaborate and manage their resources, and who have demonstrated capacity for leadership. Successful candidates are people who demonstrate:
- Personal concern for Hancock County’s economic well being
- A willingness to take action
- A record of accomplishment within their own organization or communities